Looking back on the jewellery trends of 2014, I can some up a lot of the styles in one simple word……ORGANIC!! 2014 witnessed an influx of precious and semi-precious gems stones the were not qiute finished but were more rough cut and free form set in silver and especially yellow gold that made a big comeback in 2014.
Chunky jewellery is all the rage too. Statement necklaces and chandelier earrings were huge in 2014. Put on one of these pieces to jazz up a simple wardrobe, and pull your hair back for extra effect.
So….how about us guys? What was instore for them in 2014….Most modern men are piercing both ears rather than just the one ear trend that was previously popular. Diamond studs still remain a popular option, but since a larger stone is more fashionable than a smaller one, there are plenty of cubic zirconium options that look tasteful. Studs in silver, stainless steel and titanium remain widely popular as well. Hoops should be small and snug the earlobes to avoid looking like a pirate, and there are modern styles made from titanium in a variety of colors. Gauged earrings were once reserved for the more punk rock look, but are increasing gaining popular with a various types of men. Gauging one’s ear involves a tremendous amount of patience, using a cylindrical earring to stretch the pierce opening over time. The Gauge earring can be stainless steel, semi-precious stones, bone, or even glass. Bracelets – Bracelets have increasingly become popular in men’s fashion accessories. No longer is the gold chain link style the standard. Today’s bracelets are fabricated from a variety of materials from steel, titanium, silver, rope and leather. A handsome leather band is rugged and manly, where a rope bracelet with wooden beads or stones may demonstrate the more artistic side of a man. Layering bracelets can also look fashionable by wearing ones made from similar materials but in a mixture of weight and width. Link bracelets are always a hands down favorite and modern styles are made from stainless steel and titanium, sometimes with a leather or gemstone mix. Copper and magnetic bracelets serve two purposes, adornment and aids in aches and pains in the wrists and hands.
I also learn’t quite a bit in 2014.
- Don’t ever do work for customer, no matter how good they are, without getting sincere deposits from them
- Don’t ever let a husband design a ring for his or,or future wife, without her input…very dangerous!!
- All custom work has to be signed off on and the customer has to realize that if they make changes to the original design, they must pay for the alterations
- My wife is my trusted partner and we always collaborate on every important business decision.
- After your employees, which you have carefully screened, your IT person is probably your most critically important person to your business in this new millennium.
Happy New Year!!.